I write about code, philosophy, logic, gaming, immigration, Christianity, and apologetics.
I work as a software engineer and try to do the occasional startup in Silicon Beach. I co-wrote Introducing Meteor and edited Dart for Absolute Beginners. I occasionally contribute to projects like Google Go and the Java Kilim microthreading library.
I love eSports and used to play Counter-Strike professionally — my teams competed in CAL, CEVO, the CPL, and the CGS combine. A few years ago I built Game:ref, which was featured on PCGamer, Polygon, Vice, RedBull eSports, and Tom’s Hardware.
I studied philosophy & mathematical logic at UCLA. Go Bruins! 🐻
- Gödel’s First Incompleteness Theorem for Programmers
- I Used Azure so You Don’t Have To
- Writing Prompt: The Living Apocalypse!
- Scalia: Dead Wrong on Capital Punishment
- 2018 Resolutions
- Confusing Math with Morality
- Fonz.js: a better phone validation library
- How to prove there is no Universe
- PEP 308 and why I still hate Python
- Hello world, again!