I write about code, philosophy, logic, gaming, immigration, Christianity, and apologetics.
I work as a software engineer and try to do the occasional startup in Silicon Beach. I co-wrote Introducing Meteor and edited Dart for Absolute Beginners. I occasionally contribute to projects like Google Go and the Java Kilim microthreading library.
I love eSports and used to play Counter-Strike professionally — my teams competed in CAL, CEVO, the CPL, and the CGS combine. A few years ago I built Game:ref, which was featured on PCGamer, Polygon, Vice, RedBull eSports, and Tom’s Hardware.
I studied philosophy & mathematical logic at UCLA. Go Bruins! 🐻
- Retrospective: Stuff I built in 2018
- The Case for Artisanal Programming
- Gödel’s Second Incompleteness Theorem for Programmers
- Gödel’s First Incompleteness Theorem for Programmers
- I Used Azure so You Don’t Have To
- Writing Prompt: The Living Apocalypse!
- Scalia: Dead Wrong on Capital Punishment
- 2018 Resolutions
- Confusing Math with Morality
- Fonz.js: a better phone validation library
- How to prove there is no Universe
- PEP 308 and why I still hate Python
- Hello world, again!
- What is vertigo?
- Frege’s Concept Horse Paradox in the Simply-Typed λ-calculus
- Finishing what Intel started — Building an Arduino-powered anti-cheat
- Happy Birthday, VICTOR & 2015!
- Cracking the Coding Interview Problem 2.2
- Back in black
- A Tale of Two Games: ToR and WoW – Review!
- Dove Body Mist = Heroin?
- I had a dream…
- Mount Analogue
- The American Decade
- 2011, Max Weber, and Markov Chains
- The remorseless drought…
- Too much RAM
- Balance Friction in Multiplayer Games
- Review: Vanya on 42nd Street (1994)
- RNG vs. PRNG: Clock drift
- Ward Cunningham on Simplicity
- 8-bit: Outlaws trainer
- Review: The Rain People (1969)
- Solving the Two Generals’ Problem
- Gameplay Pigeonholing and Class Homogenization
- How to
- Old Hello World